Professional Electrical Engineer
FL PE #74732
VA PE #0402052697
WV PE #21606
Licenses and Certifications
- West Virginia Professional Engineer, December 2015
- Virginia Professional Engineer, November 2013
- Florida Professional Engineer, April 2012
- LEED Accredited Professional, August 2007
Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering, Graduated May 2006
University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
Residential Electrical Wiring Program, Graduated May 2001
Marchman Technical Education Center, New Port Richey, FL
Ft. Benning Martin Army Community Hospital, Ft. Benning, GA
$300 million, 745,000 sq. ft., 4-year design-build state-of-the-art hospital project
NAP of the Capital Region, Data Center C, Culpepper, VA
- Assistant project manager, responsible for billing, budget development and tracking, change order review, contract review and modification, crew flow, productivity tracking, submittals, RFIs, purchase order review, and management of subcontractors.
- Project scheduler, responsible for development of project schedule for electrical and LV systems, and integration with overall project schedule, including interfacing with general contractor scheduling team, developing change order fragnets, performing schedule analysis, resource loading, and preparing delay claims.
- Project coordinator for LV systems, including Fire Alarm, Security, Telecommunications, and Special Systems. Responsible for budgeting, bi-weekly coordination meetings, design status, constructability reviews, and management of commissioning and quality control.
- Load calculation and power system design, including 3 emergency generators, paralleling switchgear, and 4 separate power distribution systems, hospital and clinic buildings.
- Heavily involved in commissioning process for highly automated 12 MW, 34.5 kV data center power system, including closed-transition buses, static transfer switches, and generator and rotary UPS backup.
- Commissioning/Quality Control Manager for data center project in Virginia, in charge of coordinating the commissioning and quality control teams with the fast-paced construction process. Led five-member team to perform the quality control and commissioning for this complex project.
- Preliminary power design for $1.27 billion, 862-bed private hospital in Dallas, Texas.
- Lighting design peer-review for Abu Dhabi International Airport.
- Acted as Owner's Representative on multiple construction projects, primarily repairs and renovations, including window replacement, concrete restoration, and electrical repairs.
- Project manager for LEED Certification Process for OC Beach Resort, Traymore Hotel, and Naya Condominium in Miami, FL.
- Worked with development of full bid packages, receiving and refining bids, and assisting homeowner associations in selecting contractors.
- Project manager for NeoVertika Condominium turnover inspection.
- Electrical systems design for new 8-story, 200 unit hotel with pool, spa, and parking garage in North Miami, FL, including service calculations and design, lighting design, and creating all drawings in AutoCAD.
- Electrical systems design for remodel of 12-story historic hotel on Miami Beach, including remodeling of units and addition of new elevator.
- Created, tested, and marketed a windows program for estimating concrete construction materials. Worked with one of the nation's largest concrete contractors during design.
Electrical Engineer, Trumbo Electric Inc.
Broadway, VA (June 2014 - Present)
Electrical Reliability Engineer, Invista
Waynesboro, VA (June 2012 - June 2014)
Office Engineer, M.C. Dean Inc.
Dulles, VA (Sep 2009 - June 2012)
Staff Engineer, M2E Consulting Engineers
Miami, FL (Mar 2007 - Sep 2009)
Service Manager, Blake Electric
New Port Richey, FL (May 2006 - Feb 2007)
Journeyman Electrician, Sawyer Electric
Hudson, FL (May 2001 - May 2006)
Apprentice Electrician, Mark Howard Electric
Palm Harbor, FL (May 2000- May 2001)